Custom Weight Loss Plans
to Achieve Long Term Success
At Transformations Medical Weight Loss and Aesthetics, our team is here to help you develop habits and lifestyle changes that will not only help you lose the weight now but also maintain that weight loss. Diets fail because they are purely focused on the short-term and are not sustainable. Located in Groton, MA, our Weight Loss Center, we will help you make lasting changes to keep the weight off for good. Dr. Theresa Piotrowski specializes in obesity and creates a custom weight-loss program for you to meet your weight loss goals prescribed by her directly.
Our program is for anyone diagnosed or concerned with:
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Prediabetes or Diabetes
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Arthritis or Back Pain
- Sleep Apnea
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Children and teens who are bullied or teased about their weight
- Adults and children who have tried multiple diets that have not worked
Initial Consultation with Dr. Piotrowski – What to Expect
The first visit is approximately 60-90 minutes. You will meet privately with Dr. Piotrowski for the entire visit. We do a comprehensive bariatric medical evaluation. This appointment will include a discussion of your weight history including your past medical and surgical history. We focus mainly on those issues related to your struggle with weight. We review your past and current medication and how they may relate to weight gain. Please bring a list of your current medication. We review your weight history including past weight loss programs and medications you may have used. We examine your current eating habits, lifestyle factors, food likes and dislikes and how they relate to your weight status. Most importantly we discuss social and emotional behaviors and how they may be related to weight gain.
We measure vital signs including your height, weight, and blood pressure. The physician will perform a focused physical exam. We do a complete body composition analysis which gives us information on your body fat percentage, muscle mass, and hydration status. In addition, the body composition tells us your basal metabolic rate (BMR) which is the number of calories for your body to maintain its current weight. We use this information to initiate an eating plan that is individually designed for you with calories, carbohydrates, protein, and fats. The physician will review your most recent labs so please bring a copy of your recent bloodwork. If the physician feels it is necessary, additional blood work may be ordered. You will be provided with a lab slip and instructions on how to perform additional testing.
- A meal planning guide based on real foods that you enjoy, not substitution bars and shakes
- Body composition analysis
- Support regarding all aspects of weight loss including the “emotional” side of eating
- Access to a Fitness Trainer who will customize a program that will best suit your fitness needs
- A custom maintenance program to help you keep your weight off
- A caring and compassionate staff who listens and will not judge or criticize you
- Coolsculpting procedures
Follow-up visits are scheduled for every two weeks for the first three months or until you are comfortable with your eating program. Scheduled visits are 15-30 minutes long. Follow-ups include a repeat body composition analysis to determine if you are experiencing a healthy weight loss. Your physician will review your food journal to determine if your diet is healthy and providing the proper amount of nutrients. We pay special attention to the behavioral factors that are affecting why you eat in addition to what you eat. Additional material is provided at each visit that you can add to your program book. Your physician will discuss the option of medication to aid you in your weight loss efforts if she feels they may be appropriate.
Once you are comfortable with your eating plan, the visits may be extended to every 4 weeks after the first 3 months. We continue to follow and support our patients once they reach their weight loss goal. These visits are every 4 to 6 weeks.
Nutritional Support Visits & Plans Include:
- Nutrition plan designed to fit your food preferences and lifestyle
- Tips for healthier, alternative foods that you can substitute into your diet. Explanation of how to make the most of your online food logging
- Lifestyle advice on how to reach your goals even with a busy schedule
- Food Matrix with suggestions on how to plan out meals each day that have variety and plenty of options
- Instruction on how to read nutrition labels and make smart choices
- Tips on how to stay on track when eating out at restaurants or on vacation